Bennett University presents Times Sudoku Championship has two stages, the City stage and the National stage. The City stage is conducted across multiple cities, and the entry is free of cost. This year, the city stages will be held in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Bengaluru.
The City Round has two phases :
- Phase 1
- The first phase is open to all participants.
- There are four Sudokus that need to be solved in 20 minutes.
- The participants who finish 3 or more Sudokus correctly (all digits must be placed as per the single valid solution) make it through to the Second Phase.
- Phase 2
- In the second phase there are 8 Sudokus that need to be solved in an hour.
- Of these 8 Sudokus, 6 will be standard and there will be 2 Sudoku variants: Diagonal and Odd-Even Sudoku.
- The difficulty level is higher, as compared to the first round.
- Participants get points for correctly solving each Sudoku. So even if the participant has not completed all the Sudokus, they will still get scored for those Sudokus which have been solved correctly.
- If the participant is able to complete the Sudokus before the given time limit, they earn a score bonus for every minute saved on the hour.